Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

We're going to the World Championships!


It has been an eventful two weeks in Germany! Last weekend we were in Bamberg for the national team's tournament. I went with Chris' parents and then stayed in the hotel with Ivana and Violetta. The team took 3rd in the tournament after only winning one game against Turkey. Chris was home for two days and then off to practice again.

I spent this weekend with my friend from Goettingen, Nadin. We drove to Halle to see Chris' first game against Puerto Rico on Friday. It was a good game to watch and the team played well. They ended up winning both games against them this weekend. On Saturday, Nadin drove me to Oldenburg to check out our new apartment and visit the city, and on Sunday we just hung out in Goettingen. It was good to see where Chris and I will be living soon, and the city and apartment are both great. I had a nice but very busy weekend with Nadin. I actually traveled almost 1000 km in 3 days.

After the second game against Puerto Rico last night, the coach made his final decisions on the roster for the national team. We finally heard the news we have been waiting for all summer, Chris is on the team! Its a wonderful and exciting opportunity for which Chris has worked very hard for a long time. We are both very happy. They will leave for the World Championships in Turkey on Wednesday and begin games on Saturday. Later this week, we will put up an update with tv and website info for the games.

1 comment:

Black-Hercules21 said...

I Got My Eye On You Chris