With lots of free time these days, I have been trying to think of ways to fix up our apartment. Despite the fact that the floors are hideous tan laminate, we can really make it look nice. Our kitchen got measured one last time today and the new one should be installed in 3-4 weeks. I am really hoping it will be on the earlier side before people start visiting! So in the meantime I was thinking of painting the kitchen backsplash tiles a new color. They are white right now. I found a great article online about how to do it, but I have to find the supplies here. Anyone have experience with painting tiles? This blog makes it sound not too bad. I am thinking of some shade of purple or some pattern of purple and grey...we already bought new dishes in a pretty deep purple color and Chris' mom surprised me with buying us the rest of the set! So that's the next project for the week.
My first project was to reupholster a big ottoman. We found old, tan furniture in our storage unit in the basement. I thought the ottoman would be perfect for extra seating when we have people over. So I found yet another DIY article and went on the hunt for fabric. I am mixing reds and pinks to go with our blue couch like these examples I found online. Gotta mix it up a little!
I found a cute red/pink striped fabric and finished the ottoman yesterday. It really wasn't that difficult and gave me something to do. Now we have to make some pillows of the same material and find a few other ones to tie it in with the sofa. Here's a look at the finished product.
My first project was to reupholster a big ottoman. We found old, tan furniture in our storage unit in the basement. I thought the ottoman would be perfect for extra seating when we have people over. So I found yet another DIY article and went on the hunt for fabric. I am mixing reds and pinks to go with our blue couch like these examples I found online. Gotta mix it up a little!
I found a cute red/pink striped fabric and finished the ottoman yesterday. It really wasn't that difficult and gave me something to do. Now we have to make some pillows of the same material and find a few other ones to tie it in with the sofa. Here's a look at the finished product.


No comments:
Post a Comment