This summer I got an email through the national Kappa email group from a girl asking for advice for her upcoming Europe trip. I wrote back and recommended some cities to visit and told her she was welcome to stay with us on part of her trip. I didn't know her at all, but I did know she was a fellow Kappa and was happy to help out. Holly is from Texas and graduated the same year as us. She was teaching school there and decided to save up her money and take a year off to travel Europe! Before visiting us she was already in Sweden and spent a month in Bahrain visiting her college roommate. I picked her up at the train station after her 24 hour ride from Sweden last Sunday and she stayed until today. We had so much fun together! We got along so well, people were surprised to find out that we hadn't known each other until last week. It was great to have someone here to explore Wurzburg and hang out with while Chris is extra busy. She was a perfect guest to have! She may stop by again on her way back through Germany later, but if not we will be sure to meet again somewhere!
While she was here we went to two of Chris' bball games, explored the Wurzburg castle and Palace, went to an Oktoberfest kickoff party at a restaurant here, spent a weekend with Chris' parents and went to their town festival, and topped it all off with a trip to the real Oktoberfest in Munich! Oktoberfest deserves a post of its own, so stay tuned for more about our adventure there.

No comments:
Post a Comment