Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Mom's Visit

Although the weather turned cold and somewhat rainy, we had a fun week with Mom and Dale. We spent an evening at the big Bremen fair, went to the beach, visited the German Emigrant museum, visited Stade and Hamburg, and saw two of Chris' games!


Chris and I had heard a lot of good things about the city of Stade, so we thought it would be a nice daytrip. We ate lunch in the old town hall basement (Ratskeller) where they brew their own beer. The food and beer were very good and the city was nice with a lot of really old buildings.


On Saturday, we pretty much walked the entire city of Hamburg and did a boat tour of the harbor/warehoue areas. It was really interesting to see everything that happens in and around the harbor and learn some of the history. In the warehouse area there are lots of oriental rug shops, so we stopped at the biggest one and looked around. They literally had thousands of rugs to choose from. I found a beautiful one that I thought would be perfect for our living room in the US and asked how much it was. The man laughed at me and said I have good taste as I chose a rug that was all silk and cost over $10,000!

Both of Chris' games were crazy, nail biters. Luckily we got two wins! The week really flew by. It was a great visit and we were sad to see them go!

No comments: