Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chris' B-Day


Fun Girls Night at the EWE game

On Friday, the team played their first game of the season in Trier. We lost by 19, don't ask, let's just say it was a really, really bad day. The good news is that the weekend got a lot better from then on. On Saturday, I headed off to Oldenburg to hang out with my girls there and go to the EWE b-ball game that evening. It was the first time I got to see Angela since she came back from the U.S. this season. I really miss my Oldenburg friends, but at least they are only an hour away now. I am sure we will see each other a lot this season. On Sunday, our friends from Oldenburg came up to Bremerhaven to see our game and celebrate Chris' b-day with us. Luckily, the game was a completely different story than Friday's. The guys played so much better and really fought hard at the end to come out with a 2 point win against Berlin, one of the top teams in our league. After dinner, everyone came over to our house for Chris' B-day party. Luckily they were in the mood to celebrate after that exciting win! I made a buffet of red desserts with lots of candy and red velvet cupcakes, and Annika made some Happy B-day cupcakes. We had lots of fun snacks for the night. On Chris' actual birthday, we had a nice dinner date at a restaurant we wanted to try out here. It was delicious! If you are ever in the area, we highly recommend dinner at the Ratskeller.

Dinner in the VIP after the game The Bday Buffet
The team is headed off to Ludwigsburg tomorrow for their next road game. I will stay here and get the apartment ready for my Mom's visit, study lots of German for my big test on Thursday, and get ready for my 5K run that's on Sunday. Next week is a busy one!

No comments: