After getting an email three weeks ago saying that the last job I interviewed for was being put on hold for a while, I was pretty disappointed...so disappointed the annual 'I can't find a job, I'm never going to have a career' tears/depression finally came out. It's the same problem I have every year, but it's just getting more and more frustrating as it keeps happening. You never know how many years Chris will play and I would like to have a decent resume by the time we get back to the US and look for work.
I decided I would give it one last shot and applied for a few more jobs online. I ended up getting an interview at an SAP / Software company for a marketing position and an interview at a coffee shop downtown. After a successful interview at the coffee shop, I actually began work the very next day. It's called Kaffee Manufaktur and they get coffee beans from all over the world and roast and grind them in the shop. Along with high quality coffee, they also sell all types of loose leaf tea and coffee and tea accessories. There is a cafe in the shop which is pretty busy. I have already learned a lot about the coffee world, started to learn to make lots of delicious coffee drinks and mastered the art of making bows for our Christmas packages!
While I was home for Thanksgiving, I found out that I also got the marketing assistant position at Ibis Thome. So I went from hopeless to TWO jobs in a week. I am able to keep both jobs because the cafe is 12 - 14 hours a week and the marketing job is 20 hours. I started the marketing job this week and so far it has gone well. I am just so happy to finally have a job in a field that interests me doing something that I actually want to do! I am also happy to see how much it is helping with my German. It's amazing how fast I got used to having to speak only German all day and how much I have already improved. Finally I can see my years of studying vocab and grammar pay off.
Although it is somewhat stressful right now trying to balance both jobs and still try to do everything at home, I am managing it fine so far. I just have to have some serious time management and accept that our apartment can't always be in 'perfect' condition. Chris has been helping with the cleaning, taking care of Dixon and has even cooked me dinner once. He was hiding his skills all along!
Now I am dying for some free time to finally go to our Christmas Market and drink some delicious Gluhwein! Soon...
I decided I would give it one last shot and applied for a few more jobs online. I ended up getting an interview at an SAP / Software company for a marketing position and an interview at a coffee shop downtown. After a successful interview at the coffee shop, I actually began work the very next day. It's called Kaffee Manufaktur and they get coffee beans from all over the world and roast and grind them in the shop. Along with high quality coffee, they also sell all types of loose leaf tea and coffee and tea accessories. There is a cafe in the shop which is pretty busy. I have already learned a lot about the coffee world, started to learn to make lots of delicious coffee drinks and mastered the art of making bows for our Christmas packages!
While I was home for Thanksgiving, I found out that I also got the marketing assistant position at Ibis Thome. So I went from hopeless to TWO jobs in a week. I am able to keep both jobs because the cafe is 12 - 14 hours a week and the marketing job is 20 hours. I started the marketing job this week and so far it has gone well. I am just so happy to finally have a job in a field that interests me doing something that I actually want to do! I am also happy to see how much it is helping with my German. It's amazing how fast I got used to having to speak only German all day and how much I have already improved. Finally I can see my years of studying vocab and grammar pay off.
Although it is somewhat stressful right now trying to balance both jobs and still try to do everything at home, I am managing it fine so far. I just have to have some serious time management and accept that our apartment can't always be in 'perfect' condition. Chris has been helping with the cleaning, taking care of Dixon and has even cooked me dinner once. He was hiding his skills all along!
Now I am dying for some free time to finally go to our Christmas Market and drink some delicious Gluhwein! Soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment