Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Our Valentines Week

On Valentine's Day, we went to dinner with three other couples from the team. It was a last minute decision and we scrambled to find a restaurant open so late after practice with a free table for all of us. Luckily we did and we had a nice time together. The next day, the team won their third straight game since the break, 76-70 at home against Frankfurt, and moved up to 6th place. We were excited about the win, but knew that there were a lot more tough games to follow. That Saturday, the team drove 450 miles South for their game against the 2nd ranked team, Ulm. Everyone expected it to be tough, but I don't think anyone thought it would be nearly as bad as it was. Almost every player had a BAD game  and I am pretty sure Chris had his worst so far this season. They ended up losing 98-71. To top it all off, the bus broke down an hour after they started home and they ended up not getting back to Bremerhaven until 9 AM! Let's home there arent any more trips like that!

Chris and I had tickets to go see the Pinnochio ballet on Sunday. After I dragged the poor guy out of bed at 2:00, we got dressed up and ready to go. The ballet was really good. It was definitely geared a little more towards kids, but the dancing, acting, and overall performance were great! We really enjoyed it, but were disappointed that it ended up only being an hour long. In fact, Pinnochio didn't even tell a lie! They kind of left a lot out! Despite that, we were just happy to do something different and get out of the house. We have always liked going to plays and concerts together. We already got tickets for the musical 'Crazy About You' that is here over Easter weekend.

My Sachertorte for Chris
pretty flowers from Chris


I started my tennis lessons last week. For right now I have only one group lesson that is every Friday evening. I am hoping to add one more class a week so I can really work on what I am learning. I really enjoy the classes and the coaches and other students are all very nice. Hopefully I can keep it up and get into some classes this summer at home too.

Zach is flying to Germany tomorrow! I can't believe it is already the end of February! We are excited to have him visit. We will go to Chris' game on Sunday evening, spend a few days in Bremerhaven and this area, and then fly to Norway to spend a few days there.

No comments: