Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Our New Home

The nice welcome gift in our kitchen

After an almost 7 hour drive in our giant rental van, we arrived safely to our new home in Oldenburg! Our apartment was all ready for us and after meeting the new neighbors, we unloaded the van and got some food. I spent most of Thursday unpacking while Chris had a long day of appointments, a photo shoot and his first practice. It never ceases to amaze us that we haul so much stuff around each season! However, thanks to all of that 'stuff' the apartment is starting to look like a real home. Just a few small touches and another trip to Ikea until it will be complete. Everyone with the team has been so helpful in getting us what we need and I have to say it has really been the least stressful move that we have had. I have somehow made it through three days without my annual pre season meltdown, so it must be a good sign! The team left after practice yesterday for a three day tournament in the Netherlands. They won their first game tonight. I am trying to keep busy so I don't get too lonely. On Sunday I am meeting with two of the other wives here for brunch. Pics. of the apartment coming soon!

1 comment:

Maria said...

It looks inviting already!