First scrimmage in the school gymour new car
It's hard to believe we have already been here for a week. We are still settling in, but everything has gone well so far. Preseason is definitely tough, but Chris is holding up well. He has two practices a day along with lifting and meetings, so he is gone most of the day. I walked into the city a few times this week to explore. There are lots of cafes, bakeries, and shops. Right now it's not very crowded, but when college starts in a few weeks, there will be 30,000 more people here!
We are waiting for our boxes to arrive so we will have things to decorate our apartment and make it feel a little more like home. We are also still waiting for an oven, hopefully we will have one this week. On Tuesday we got a brand new VW Golf. We all have the same car, but luckily they are not putting stickers on them this year. I still need to practice driving, but I think I will be okay. Its very flat here, so I wont have to worry about getting stuck on the hills.
The team won their first two scrimmages this weekend. On Saturday we played a team in the second league and Chris had a great game with 15 points and 11 rebounds! Yesterday we played against Braunschweig, a team in our league. Chris was 4/4 from the field and ended up with 9 points, but only got to play 8 minutes. His groin muscle started hurting and there was no reason to risk making it worse. He will be fine, just has to take it easy this week.
I am going to Berlin tomorrow thru Thursday to visit my friend Ivana. Jan is playing with the national team right now, so we are both by ourselves a lot. It will be nice to see her and tour the city! I will have to post the pics of our apartment after we get it all decorated. Hope everyone is doing well and we miss you a lot already!
No comments:
Post a Comment