Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another Overdue Update

Well we are 25 days into the new year and we still didn't update our blog. I guess nothing extra news worthy has happened between now and then!

Unfortunately, the team hasn't had a great start to the new year. They lost several close games in a row now that should have been won. Despite the losses, we are still in the top half of the rankings and got a spot in the play-in games for the big cup in March. There are a lot of really big games coming up, most of which are at home. We also have the cup play-in game at Braunschweig on February 9th. So hopefully they can get it together by then!


Last weekend was all star weekend, so we had a two week span without a game. Luckily, we got two and a half days off. Everyone jumped at the chance to get away for a few days and ventured off in all directions. We decided to head to Rostock, a city on the Northern coast of Germany. We spent two nights in a nice spa hotel, did a little shopping and site seeing in Rostock, and stopped in Schwerin to see a beautiful castle on the way home.

I started back to German class after the new year. I go every morning for three hours. I learned a lot already and met a lot of nice people. I will be going until the end of the season here and then can hopefully pass the big exam!

That's it for now, but I'll be sure to update you on how the big game this weekend goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great Blog! I just stubbled onto this from Anita Masons blog. I love reading about other couples experiences in similar situations.
We are living in Prostejov Czech Republic this season. Keep updating; you have a new follower:)